- Please carefully read the instructions before assembling and using the product. Keep the instructions for future reference.
- Be careful when unpacking and assembling the product.
- This product must be assembled by a responsible adult.
- Remove all the parts which are not necessary for play before giving the product to your child.
- Warning! Do not step or stand on back of frame which will cause product overturned.
- Tricycle mode: Warning! Not to be used by children over 36 months; insufficient strength to support.
- Do not use on wet days, or on wet ground.
- Infant Trike maximum weight: 15kg
- Guided Trike, Training Trike, Balance bike max weight: 20kg
How to assemble EXPLORER TRIKE 4in1
- The front wheel’s fork needs to be aligned with the frame of the trike; then insert the stem of the front wheel’s fork into the frame.
- Take the handlebars and align them with the front wheel by making sure the stem of the front wheel’s fork slots into the handlebars’ column. Make sure the handlebars are placed in the correct direction with the top column facing outwards, away from the seat. Push the handlebars down until you hear a click to securely fix them in place.
- Turn the pedal locks of the front wheel in the direction of the unlocked symbol; place the pedals in the front wheel’s slots. Turn the pedal lock in the direction of the locked symbol to secure the pedals in the front wheel. You need to hold the pedal with one hand and turn the pedal lock towards the direction of the locked symbol with the other hand until the lock clicks into place.
- The parking devices on the rear wheels must be pointing inward when they are installed for all trike stages. See below instructions on how to install the parking bar on the wheels:
- Install the bar inside the dedicated hole of the parking device on one of the rear wheels.
- Put the parking bar inside the 2nd hole located on the parking device of the other rear wheel.
- Install both wheels with the parking bar into the trike’s frame. Place both wheels in the hexagonal slots at the rear of the trike frame and ensure that the parking devices are upwards and don’t touch the ground. Once the wheels are in the correct position, you need to screw the knobs into the wheels’ slot to ensure the wheels will remain securely in place.
- Make sure the bar is securely fixed before using the product.
Warning! The parking bar of the parking system is only applicable for the infant trike mode. Remove the parking bar before using the products in other modes.
- To insert the saddle, you must first open the clamp and press the bottom spring-loaded button on the saddle stem. Then, push the saddle down until you hear a click. Close the clamp. The saddle is adjustable with 2 available heights (31cm; 34cm). The minimum insertion depth is where “MAX” is marked on the stem when placing the top spring-loaded button in the saddle’s stem hole. This is the highest height of the saddle. The maximum insertion of the saddle is pushing the saddle down until the saddle’s stem is all the way down. This is the lowest height of the saddle.
- Take the footrest and slide it up the saddle stem. You must press the spring-loaded button at the bottom of the saddle stem; the footrest is secure once you hear a click and twist the knob under the footrest to 90 degrees. The footrest must be facing forwards, not backwards, to be in the correct position.
Warning! Check footrest is securely locked before every use.
- Assemble the safety bar by first unscrewing the top cap of the middle safety bar. Next, put one side of the safety bar on top of the middle safety bar, followed by the other side. Take the LED module, align the protrusions at the bottom with the slot of the module holder, put it in and tighten the module by turning it clockwise. Screw it on top of the middle safety bar to secure the right and left safety bars. Correct assembly of the safety bar will show both safety bar sides at the same height.
- Put the seat on top of the saddle; make sure the knob on the seat is aligned with the saddle slot, so it can slide through the saddle slot. To secure the seat to the saddle, turn the knob under the seat 90 degrees. Insert the middle safety bar in the hole at the front of the seat; press the red button on the side of the middle safety bar and push until the red button is hidden in the seat. Slide the sides of the safety bar into the gaps on the side of the seat.
- To assemble the parent handlebar, take the top part of the parent handle, where there is the black handle, and place it into the bottom shaft by pressing the spring-loaded button. There are 2 available heights on the parent handlebar (92cm; 96.5cm). Make sure to align the spring-loaded button with the holes; you must hear a click to ensure the handle is securely in place. To secure the parent handlebar to the trike, carefully place the shaft through the saddle’s hole and into the hole on the trike’s frame. Once you hear a click, the pole is secure.
* To remove the parent handle, you must press the red button under the trike’s frame; then release the shaft and carefully lift the parent handle out.
- Insert the headrest to the seat.
- Slide the canopy into the opening at the back of the seat’s backrest until you hear a click.
Warning! Check the seat and safety bar are securely locked before every use.
Secure your child on the infant trike:
- 5-point harness system is set on the seat; adjust the slider on each strap before first use. The shoulder straps and the waist straps should fit firmly around the child.
- To buckle, slot the end of the shoulder strap to the end of the waist strap, do the same on both left and right sides.
- Then, insert both components to the buckle housing on the leg-between strap until you here a click.
- Double check it is securely locked and all the 5 straps’ length are well fit to the child.
Warning! Always fasten with the 5-point harness while using the trike with the seat on it.
Warning! Secure the child in the harness at all times.
How to operate the freewheel mode:
The front wheel has two modes of operation.
- Unlocked mode: when the pedals are turning independently from the front wheel.
- Locked mode: when the pedals and the front wheel are connected together and move as one.
To put the front wheel in Locked mode, you need to align the spot on the red button to the arrows on the inner hub; press the red button on the locked symbol side until you hear a click.
To put the front wheel in Unlocked mode, you need to align the spot on the red button to the arrows on the inner hub; press the red button on the unlocked symbol side until you hear a click.
Warning! Freewheel function is to be used only with the parent handle (Push bar).
Warning! Check that the push bar (parent handle) is locked in position before use.
Warning! Automatic freewheeling ensures the tricycle can be pushed safely while the child’s feet rest on the pedals without the pedals turning.
How to operate the parking devices:
To operate the rear wheels’ parking devices, you need to push the parking devices down by applying pressure with your foot on the parking bar (infant trike mode only) or directly on the parking devices (other modes).You must always use both rear parking devices when you need to stop the tricycle from moving. The parking devices are locked, and the tricycle will remain stationary once you hear a click after pushing down both parking devices.
To unlock the parking devices, you need to fully lift up the parking bar (infant trike mode only) or both parking devices (other modes) with your foot. The tricycle is mobile once you hear a click after pushing up both parking devices.
The left parking device controls the left-hand side rear wheel, and the right parking device controls the right-hand side rear wheel. The parking bar for the infant trike mode controls the parking devices.
Warning! The parking bar of the parking system is only applicable for the infant trike mode.
Remove the parking bar before using the products in other modes.
WARNING! The two rear parking devices located on the rear wheels are NOT TO BE USED TO SLOW DOWN the tricycle. The rear parking devices put the tricycle in an immediate stationary mode. The parking devices are not designed for other purposes. Using the two rear parking devices to slow down the tricycle will cause irreparable damage to the rear wheels’ mechanism and must be avoided at all times.
Transform Infant trike to Guided trike (A-B)
- Press the red button at the bottom of the frame to remove the parent handle.
- Remove the canopy by pressing the button at the back of the headrest.
- Press the red button on the side of the middle column of the safety bar to release; repeat for the left- and right-hand side bars.
- Under the saddle, turn the knob securing the seat 90 degrees. Lift the seat off the saddle.
- Place the parent handle through the saddle’s hole and into the hole on the trike’s frame.
- In guided trike stage, the child will start to use the pedals. Ensure that his feet are resting correctly and flat on the pedals.
See below instructions on how to remove the parking bar from the rear wheels to use the product in Guided trike mode:
- Unscrew the knobs at the end of the wheel assembly and remove both wheels with the parking bar from the trike’s frame.
- Pull out the bar from the parking device. Repeat the operation for the other one.
- To re-install, slide the wheel in the hexagon shaped hole and screw back the knob onto the wheel. Repeat the procedure for the other wheel. Make sure the parking devices do not touch the ground.
Transform Guided trike to Training trike (B-C)
- Unscrew the knob at the end of the wheel assembly. Place the wheel inside of the Trike frame. Slide the wheel in the hexagon shaped hole and screw back the knob onto the wheel. Repeat the procedure for the other wheel. Make sure the parking devices do not touch the ground.
- Put the pedal lock of the front wheel in the unlocked position. Remove the pedals from the wheel; you can store them at the rear of the saddle.
Warning! Protective equipment should be worn. Not to be used in traffic. Always wear safety equipment (helmet, elbow-pads, kneepads, gloves).
Braking for walking bike: The product can be braked with the feet. The child can stop moving by stopping walking/running. Please take care that your child can always stop from the speed it produces and wears appropriate shoes.
IMPORTANT – READ CAREFULLY AND KEEP FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
- WARNING! Never leave the child unattended.
- WARNING! Ensure that all the locking devices are engaged before use
- WARNING! Do not let the child play with this product in infant trike mode
- WARNING! This seat unit is not suitable for children under 6 months
- WARNING! Always use the restraint system
- WARNING! Check that the pram body or seat unit or car seat attachment devices are correctly engaged before use;
- WARNING! This product is not suitable for running or skating;
- Don’t attach any carrying accessory, Load attached to the handle and/or on the back of the backrest and/or on the sides of the vehicle will affect the stability of the vehicle.
- The parking device shall be engaged when placing and removing the children.
- Warning! The child is never to be left in the tricycle unattended.
- Warning! The child restraint system that is supplied with the tricycle is to be used.
- Warning! A parcel bag other than one recommended by the manufacturer is used, the tricycle may become unstable.
- Warning! The tricycle will become unstable if the manufacturer’s recommended load is exceeded.
- Warning! The tricycle will become unstable if a parcel bag or parcel rack is used when there is no provision for one.
Inspection, maintenance and cleaning
- Check all hardware during usage period and tighten as required. It is particularly important that this procedure be followed at the beginning of each use. If these checks are not carried out, the trike could overturn or otherwise become a hazard. Replacement should be made in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- Clean trike with a slightly damp cloth (cold water) and mild soap. Never use a corrosive or abrasive substance to clean the product.
- Vehicle shall be used only for one child which it has been designed.
- Accessories which are not approved by the manufacturer shall not be used. – Only replacement parts supplied or recommended by the manufacturer/distributor shall be used.
- Maximum child’s weight:15kg for Infant trike; 20kg for other modes.
General instructions of use:
- Prior to use, make sure that the product has been assembled properly. Check all the connection elements: steering column; footrest; seat; safety belt; safety ring must be correctly adjusted and make sure that the locking mechanisms are securely locked. Check the product before the child rides to determine if there are any potentially hazardous parts or conditions.
- Children should be supervised by adult while riding this product. Special care should be taken to instruct children in safe riding.
- Do not use on the public highways, examples of safe riding area: To be used on flat and no gravel areas (playground, Public Square)
- Do not use this product near a staircase, on a slope, on a road or on a wet surface.
- More mobility child grows; the more potential hazards increase. At home, be sure to remove frames or mirrors hung too low and could break, and any object that could fall in the event of impact. Corner table can also be a danger.
- Do not allow more than one rider on the product at a time.
- Be sure the child wears clothes and appropriate footwear when using product. - Be sure the rider keeps both hands on the handlebars for proper control.
- Do not allow the rider to wear anything that obstructs hearing and visibility, or which impairs the functioning of product.
- The product should be used with caution since skill is required to avoid falls or collisions causing injury to the user or third parties.
Maintenance and security:
Security checks: check periodically the product to identify any loose or dislocated element particularly the wheels, pedals, seat and handlebars.
Periodic cleaning will bring a good life. Wipe the product with a dry cloth if it has been soiled.
Regularly check the condition of abrasion and avulsion.
Regularly check that parts are not broken or damaged, if this happens, stop using this product.
Regular checks can prevent an accident.
For questions and inquiries please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The manufacturer warranties this product to be free of manufacturing defects for period of 2 years from date of purchase. This limited Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, tire, tube or cables, or any damage, failure or loss caused by improper assembly, maintenance, or storage.
This Limited Warranty will be void if the product is ever
- used in a manner other than for recreation or transportation;
- modified in any way;
The manufacturer is not liable for incidental or consequential loss or damage due directly or indirectly to the use of this product.
Globber does not offer an extended warranty. If you have purchased an extended warranty, it must be honoured by the store at which it was purchased.
For your records, save your original sales receipt with this manual and write the product name below.
To order spare parts for this product, please visit our website www.globber.com