- Protective equipment should be worn. Not to be used in traffic.
- 20 kg max.: Seat mode (ride-on, walking bike)
- 50 kg max.: Scooter mode
- Seat mode: Warning! Not to be used by children over 36 months due to the limited strength of the seat bracket frame. The seat can only be used with this product when the steering is completely locked by the parents using the locking button located at the upper side of the steering assembly. Press down the locking button in order to lock the steering of the wheels when the seat is to be mounted.
- Remove the scooter and all the parts from the box. Set out all the parts and read the assembly instructions prior to use. Keep the packaging until assembly is complete.
This toy must be assembled by a responsible adult. Prior to use, make sure that the toy has been assembled properly. Remove all the parts which are not necessary for play before giving the toy to your child. The toy should be used with caution since skill is required to avoid falls or collisions causing injury to the user or third parties.
To use with suitable protective equipment, including a helmet, shoes, elbow, wrist and knee protectors. Teach the child how to use it safely and responsibly.
- The scooter can be dangerous and can cause traffic accidents when used on public highways. Don’t use on the public roads. It is best used on a flat, clean surface, free of gravel and grease. Avoid bumps and drainage grates that may cause an accident.
- The scooter does not include any headlights or lights. It is therefore not suited for use at night or during periods when visibility is limited.
- Always use under adult supervision.
- Do not allow more than one child to ride the scooter at the same time.
- Do not use on wet days, or on wet ground.
Before and after use:
- Make sure that all locking mechanisms are securely locked:
- Check the height of the steering system, and make sure the nuts are tightened and that the handlebars and the front wheel are perpendicular.
- The minimum height of T-bar has to be locked at the lowest position by switching the bullet into the lowest slot. (see diagram A).
- Check all of the connection elements: the brake, the steering column’s quick release system and the wheel axles must be adjusted correctly and not damaged.
- Also check the tyre wear.
INSTALLATION AND USE OF SEAT FOR USE
Ride-on / Walking bike
GO•UP COMFORT comes with a sturdy seat support frame to better distribute the load of the seated child. There are 3 different seat heights available. For a comfortable ride, your child’s feet should easily touch the footrest. Attach the seat to the seat support bar by screwing in the 2 hex screws. Both screws must be securely fixed. (Figure 2).
- Place the footrest at the front of the deck in the correct direction (see diagram 3b).
- Hook the seat bracket frame latch from underneath over the front wheel steering assembly and screw them tight with the thumb screw through the center hole (Figure 3a).
- Insert the handlebar tube in the back hole of the seat support frame.
- Align the spring-loaded button with the rectangular notch in the seat support frame and lock (Figure 4b).
- Double check that the spring-loaded button is engaged and locked correctly (Figure 4a). Adjust the height of the handle to the parent’s preference (4 positions are possible, see diagram E).
- Loosen the quick release clamp of the T-bar handle when adjusting. Tighten the quick release clamp to secure the T-bar handle after adjustment. Always fix the coloured screw like component on the deck if the footrest is removed. (See diagram A)
Walking bike mode:
- Remove the handlebars’ tube in the back hole of the seat support frame. Always fix the coloured screw-like component on the deck if the footrest is removed (see diagram A).
- GO•UP COMFORT is provided with an adjustable seat which can be adapted to the child’s height (3 positions). Attach the seat through 2 of the screw holes in the seat support frame.
- Steering: The child pushes with his feet on the floor to advance, while the child’s sitting on the seat. He must proceed with caution at first. The parent handlebars can be used to accompany children during first use.
- Install the foot rest (see diagram 3b). Place the child’s feet on the footrest and the adult pushes using the parent handle (T-bar).
Insert the handle bar (t-bar) tube into the hole at the front of the deck between the two front wheels while paying attention to the direction of insertion. Ensure the spring loaded-ball pops out and locks the bar in place properly (see diagram A).
GO•UP COMFORT is provided with an adjustable handlebar (T-bar) which can be adapted to the child’s height (4 positions). The spring- loaded ball shall be in the hole when adjusting the T-bar height (see diagram E).
Make sure that for the lowest position of the T-bar the ball is locked into the lowest hole (see diagram E). Loosen the quick release clamp of the handlebar (T-bar) when adjusting. Tighten the quick release clamp to secure handlebar (T-bar) after adjustment.
Steering: GO•UP COMFORT’s steering responds intuitively to the movement of the body (see diagram B).
- When the child leans to the right, GO•UP COMFORT turns right!
- When the child leans to the left, GO•UP COMFORT turns left!
For the youngest children, on flat surfaces and in straight lines, GO•UP COMFORT has a steering blocking system for better balance and to make learning easier.
- To lock, press the button above (see diagram C)
- To release, press the red button below (see diagram D)
GO•UP COMFORT PLAY comes with a revolutionary light & sound LED module directly integrated in the seat’s handlebar, with different modes.
The different modes are: (Figure 6)
- ON: Sound & LED lights activated
- MUTE: Only LED lights activated
- OFF: Both Sound & LED lights disabled
Activating the light & sound module on GO•UP COMFORT PLAY (Figure 5-6)
- Remove the module from the seat’s handlebar by turning it anti-clockwise.
- Using the button, choose your preferred mode (MUTE or ON).
- Insert the module back into the seat’s handlebar and turn clockwise to lock it.
- It’s advisable to switch the module OFF when not in use.
Charging the module (Figure 7)
GO•UP COMFORT PLAY light & sound module has an in-built rechargeable battery which can be charged with a Micro USB cable at the back of the module. Use the Micro USB cable provided in-pack.
Important notice for COMFORT PLAY MODULE
- Long cable. Strangulation hazard. Keep the USB cable out of children’s reach.
- A 3.7V rechargeable Lithium battery included is not replaceable.
- Micro USB cable is included in-pack.
- A USB plug charger respecting your country’s voltage isn’t included in-pack.
- Module is only to be charged by adults.
- Battery chargers used with the toy are to be regularly examined for damage to the cord, plug, enclosure and other parts, and in the event of such damage, they must not be used until the damage has been repaired.
- Toys liable to be cleaned with liquids are to be disconnected from the charger before cleaning.
- Module must be inserted in the seat’s handlebar before giving the toy to your child.
- WARNING: This toy produces flashes that may trigger epilepsy in sensitised individuals.
- This toy contains batteries that are non-replaceable.
- Standing on the scooter, one hand on each handle, push with one of your feet to move forward. Proceed with caution at the start.
- Braking: a brake is located at the rear, when necessary press down on it to slow down. Press down gradually in order to prevent skidding or loss of stability.
- Shoes are mandatory and we strongly advise you to wear trousers and long sleeve shirts to avoid injury if you fall.
- Explain to the child clearly how to lock the scooter before any use.
Care / Maintenance:
Regular maintenance is a safety commitment:
- Wheel bearings: avoid going through water, oil or sand as this can damage wheel bearings.
- Wheels: the wheels wear down with time and can be damaged if overly used on rough surfaces. The back wheel on which the brake is applied is particularly affected after several hours of braking. In the interests of safety, they should be checked regularly and changed if necessary.
- Modifications: the original product must by no means be modified except for the maintenance-related changes mentioned in these instructions.
- Nuts and axles: these should also be checked regularly. They can become loose after a while in which case they should be tightened. They can become worn and not tighten properly, in which case they should be replaced.
- Cleaning: Clean the scooter with a soft cloth and a little water.
For questions and inquiries please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The manufacturer warranties this product to be free of manufacturing defects for
period of 2 years from date of purchase. This limited Warranty does not cover normal
wear and tear, tire, tube or cables, or any damage, failure or loss caused by improper
assembly, maintenance, or storage.
This Limited Warranty will be void if the product is ever
- used in a manner other than for recreation or transportation;
- modified in any way;
The manufacturer is not liable for incidental or consequential loss or damage due
directly or indirectly to the use of this product.
Globber does not offer an extended warranty. If you have purchased an extended warranty, it must be honoured by the store at which it was purchased.
For your records, save your original sales receipt with this manual and write the
product name below.
To order spare parts for this product, please visit our website www.globber.com