- Not suitable for children under 36 months, unstable base, fall hazard. Warning! Protective equipment should be worn.
- Not to be used in traffic.
- 50 kg max.
- Remove the scooter and all the parts from the box. Set out all the parts and read the assembly instructions prior to use. Keep the packaging until assembly is complete.
- T-bar folding and unfolding shall be done by an adult. The scooter can only be used by children once the adjustment is done.
ELITE LIGHTS (448-XXX) / ELITE DELUXE FLASH LIGHTS (449-XXX) / ELITE PRIME (444-8XX):
- This product is powered by two built-in CR2032 lithium batteries.
- Due to their small size, lithium batteries can easily be swallowed by children. Ingestion of such batteries has been known to cause death.
- This toy produces flashes that may trigger epilepsy in sensitised individuals. This toy contains batteries that are non-replaceable.
- Replace the electronic module when the batteries are exhausted.
- This product contains a coin battery. A coin battery can cause serious internal chemical burns if swallowed.
- Dispose of used batteries immediately. Keep new and used batteries away from children. If you think batteries might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek immediate medical attention.
- A coin battery is hazardous; Keep away from children (whether the battery is new or used); The coin battery can cause severe or fatal injuries in 2 hours or less if it is swallowed or placed inside any part of the body; The medical attention should be sought immediately if it is suspected the battery has been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body.
This toy must be assembled by a responsible adult. Prior to use, make sure that the toy has been assembled properly. Remove all the parts which are not necessary for play before giving the toy to your child. The toy should be used with caution since skill is required to avoid falls or collisions causing injury to the user or third parties.
To use with suitable protective equipment, including a helmet, shoes, elbow, wrist and knee protectors. Teach the child how to use it safely and responsibly.
- The scooter can be dangerous and can cause traffic accidents when used on public highways. Don’t use on public roads. It is best used on a flat, clean surface, free of gravel and grease. Avoid bumps and drainage grates that may cause an accident.
- The scooter does not include any headlights or lights. It is therefore not suited for use at night or during periods when visibility is limited.
- Always use under adult supervision.
- Do not allow more than one child to ride the scooter at the same time.
- Do not use on wet days, or on wet ground.
Before and after use:
- Make sure that all locking mechanisms are securely locked:
- Check the height of the steering system, and make sure the nuts are tightened and that the handlebars and the front wheel are perpendicular.
- The minimum height of the T-bar has to be locked at the lowest position by switching the bullet into the lowest slot. (Diagram A).
- Check all of the connection elements: the brake, the steering column’s quick release system and the wheel axles must be adjusted correctly and not damaged.
- Also check the tyre wear.
Insert the handle bar (T-bar) tube into the hole at the front of the main board between the two front wheels while paying attention to the direction of insertion. Ensure the spring loaded button pops out and locks the bar in place properly. ELITE is provided with an adjustable T-bar which can be adapted to the child’s height (4 positions). The spring loaded button shall be in the hole when adjusting the T-bar height.
Make sure that for the lowest position of T-bar, the button is locked into the lowest hole. Loosen the quick release clamp of the T-bar when adjusting. Tighten the quick release clamp to secure T-bar after adjustment.
ADJUST THE HEIGHT:
Height adjustable handlebar which can be adapted to the child’s height.
4 Positions (ELITE DELUXE):
- Low position: 68.5 cm
- Middle position: 73.5 cm; 78.5 cm
- High position: 83.5 cm
4 Positions (ELITE PRIME):
- Low position: 71.5 cm
- Middle position: 76.5 cm; 81.5 cm
- High position: 86.5 cm
The bullet shall be in the hole while adjusting the T-bar height.
Make sure that for the lowest position of the T-bar, the bullet is locked into the lowest slot (see ‘A’ diagram).
FOLD & UNFOLD THE SCOOTER SAFELY (See page 2)
- Fold up the scooter from standing mode:
- Press the button on the bottom of the T-bar and pull it up until it is free to turn. Turn
- the T-bar until it comes to lie horizontally. Lock it in position by pushing it into the hole until it “clicks” in. It is now in trolley mode and you can carry it around.
- Unfold the scooter from trolley mode:
- Press the button on the bottom of the T-bar and pull it up until it is free to turn. Turn it carefully until the T-bar is vertically standing on the deck. Push in the T-bar until you hear a “click” sound and make sure the T-bar is securely locked before playing.
- Disassemble the T-bar from the deck:
- Press the button on the bottom of the T-bar and pull it up until it is free to turn. Turn the T-bar and watch the Globber ring around the hole. Align the 2 pins on the T-bar with the slots of the Globber ring, so that it can then be pulled out easily.
Warning! Be careful when you do any installation and transformation work. While turning the T-bar, make sure no other people are in the close vicinity around the scooter since the T-bar turns requires a big turning angle. Keep the kids in a safe distance while installing & transforming the scooter to avoid accidental injuries.
Steering: ELITE’s steering responds intuitively to the movement of the body (Diagram B).
- When the child leans to the right, ELITE turns right!
- When the child leans to the left, ELITE turns left!
For the youngest children, on flat surfaces and in straight lines, ELITE has a steering blocking system for better balance and to make learning easier.
- To lock, press the button above (Diagram C).
- To release, press the red button below (Diagram D).
- Standing on the scooter, one hand on each handle, push with one of your feet to move forward. Proceed with caution at the start.
- Braking: a brake is located at the rear, when necessary press down on it to slow down. Press down gradually in order to prevent skidding or loss of stability.
- Shoes are mandatory and we strongly advise you to wear trousers and long sleeve shirts to avoid injury if you fall.
- Explain to the child clearly how to lock the scooter before any use.
Care / Maintenance:
- Regular maintenance is a safety commitment:
- Wheel bearings: avoid going through water, oil or sand as this can damage wheel bearings.
- Wheels: the wheels wear down with time and can be damaged if overly used on rough surfaces. The back wheel on which the brake is applied is particularly affected after several hours of braking. In the interests of safety, they should be checked regularly and changed if necessary.
- Modifications: the original product must by no means be modified except for the maintenance-related changes mentioned in these instructions.
- Nuts and axles: these should also be checked regularly.
- They can become loose after a while in which case they should be tightened.
- They can become worn and not tighten properly, in which case they should be replaced.
- Cleaning: Clean the scooter with a soft cloth and a little water.
For questions and inquiries please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The manufacturer warranties this product to be free of manufacturing defects for period of 2 years from date of purchase. This limited Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, tire, tube or cables, or any damage, failure or loss caused by improper assembly, maintenance, or storage. This Limited Warranty will be void if the product is ever
- used in a manner other than for recreation or transportation;
- modified in any way;
The manufacturer is not liable for incidental or consequential loss or damage due directly or indirectly to the use of this product.
Globber does not offer an extended warranty. If you have purchased an extended warranty, it must be honoured by the store at which it was purchased.
For your records, save your original sales receipt with this manual and write the product name below.
To order spare parts for this product, please visit our website www.globber.com