- The scooter is suitable for 5 years old or above. It is not a toy, but sports equipment for physical training, it is not intended for use in extreme sports such as jumping, ollie ramps, etc. This product should never be used at a skate park for an “aggressive” use (challenging skateboarding moves, etc.).
- Use with caution on a flat, clean, dry surface and, if possible, away from other users, and obey the road safety rules.
- Check local laws regarding scooter use, respect all the traffic rules and signs. Stay away from other pedestrians or users on public roads.
- Best when used on a flat, dry surface free of gravel and grease. Avoid bumps and drainage grates that might cause an accident.
- Warning! Protective equipment consisting of wrist protectors, gloves, knee pads, helmets and elbow pads should be worn.
- Warning! T-bar folding and unfolding shall be done by an adult. The scooter can only be used by children once the adjustment is done.
- Do not allow more than one child to ride the scooter at the same time. - Do not use on wet days, or on wet ground.
- Maximum weight: 100kg
Using the scooter
Before and after each use: To prevent pinched fingers, carefully follow the instructions of unfolding and folding. Make sure that the locking mechanisms are securely locked:
- Check the height of the steering system and make sure that the nuts are tightened and the handlebars and front wheel are perpendicular. - Check all of the connection elements: the brake, the quick release system of the steering column and the wheel axles must be correctly adjusted and must not be damaged. - Also check the wheels’ wear.
- A brake is located at the rear, when necessary, press down on it to slow down. Press down gradually to prevent skidding or loss of stability. The metal brake may heat up after multiple uses. Avoid touching it during and after use.
Adjustable steering angle control system:
- An adjustable knob located at the top of the scooter deck allows you to control the turning radius of the front wheels. Turn the knob clockwise for the turning angle to decrease. Turn the knob anti-clockwise for the turning angle to increase.
Assembling the product
Insert the handle bar (T-bar) tube into the hole at the front of the main board between the two front wheels while paying attention to the direction of insertion.
Ensure the spring loaded button pops out and locks the bar in place properly.
ULTIMUM is provided with an adjustable T-bar which can be adapted to the user’s height (6 positions). The spring loaded button shall be in the hole when adjusting the T-bar height.
Make sure that for the lowest position of T-bar, the button is locked into the lowest hole. Loosen the quick release clamp of the T-bar when adjusting. Tighten the quick release clamp to secure T-bar after adjustment.
ADJUST THE HEIGHT:
Height adjustable handlebar which can be adapted to the child’s height.
- Low position: 76 cm
- Middle position: 81 cm; 86 cm; 91 cm; 96 cm;
- High position: 101 cm
The bullet shall be in the hole while adjusting the T-bar height.
Make sure that for the lowest position of the T-bar, the bullet is locked into the lowest slot (see ‘A’ diagram).
FOLD & UNFOLD THE SCOOTER SAFELY
- Fold up the scooter from standing mode:
- Press the button on the bottom of the T-bar and pull it up until it is free to turn. Turn
- the T-bar until it comes to lie horizontally. Lock it in position by pushing it into the hole until it “clicks” in. It is now in trolley mode and you can carry it around.
- Unfold the scooter from trolley mode:
- Press the button on the bottom of the T-bar and pull it up until it is free to turn. Turn it carefully until the T-bar is vertically standing on the deck. Push in the T-bar until you hear a “click” sound and make sure the T-bar is securely locked before playing.
- Disassemble the T-bar from the deck:
- Press the button on the bottom of the T-bar and pull it up until it is free to turn. Turn the T-bar and watch the Globber ring around the hole. Align the 2 pins on the T-bar with the slots of the Globber ring, so that it can then be pulled out easily.
Warning! Be careful when you do any installation and transformation work. While turning the T-bar, make sure no other people are in the close vicinity around the scooter since the T-bar turns requires a big turning angle. Keep the kids in a safe distance while installing & transforming the scooter to avoid accidental injuries.
- Standing on the scooter, one hand on each handle, push with one of your feet to move forward. Proceed with caution at the start.
- Braking: a brake is located at the rear, when necessary press down on it to slow down. Press down gradually in order to prevent skidding or loss of stability.
- Shoes are mandatory and we strongly advise you to wear trousers and long sleeve shirts to avoid injury if you fall.
- Explain to the child clearly how to lock the scooter before any use.
DO NOT FORGET TO REGULARLY TIGHTEN ALL BOLTS AND SCREWS TO AVOID MISALIGNMENT OR LOSS OF THE SCREW.
Care / Maintenance:
- Regular maintenance is a safety commitment:
- Wheel bearings: avoid going through water, oil or sand as this can damage wheel bearings.
- Wheels: the wheels wear down with time and can be damaged if overly used on rough surfaces. The back wheel on which the brake is applied is particularly affected after several hours of braking. In the interests of safety, they should be checked regularly and changed if necessary.
- Modifications: the original product must by no means be modified except for the maintenance-related changes mentioned in these instructions.
- Nuts and axles: these should also be checked regularly.
- They can become loose after a while in which case they should be tightened.
- They can become worn and not tighten properly, in which case they should be replaced.
- Cleaning: Clean the scooter with a soft cloth and a little water.
ULTIMUM LIGHTS comes with a 3.7V Lithium rechargeable battery at the base of the scooter deck. It is a light-up scooter which has 3 modes: off, auto & on (from left to right).
Check the pictos underneath the small black switch. When you switch to:
- «Off» mode: it will switch off the lighting function.
- «Auto» mode: the base of the scooter will flash only when the scooter goes over uneven paths. This is operated by a vibration sensor in-built in the module; there will be no light when it is not in motion for energy saving.
- «ON» mode: the base of the deck will constantly light up until you switch it off or the battery runs out of power.
How to activate the flashing deck on ULTIMUM LIGHTS
Flip the scooter over to see the white module at the base of the scooter (diagram A).
Move the small black switch to turn on the lighting function.
After selecting «Auto» or «On» mode, press the round rubber button to activate your selected mode; press the button again to change the light pattern.
How to charge ULTIMUM LIGHTS
ULTIMUM LIGHTS has an in-built rechargeable battery which can be charged with a Micro USB cable.
- Flip the scooter over to see the white module at the base of the scooter (diagram A).
- Open the Globber protective cover to insert the Micro USB cable (diagram B).
- When the signal light is red, the battery is charging; when it switches to green, charging is completed. This takes approximately 2 hours.
How to replace the lighting module
- Flip the scooter over to see the white module at the base of the scooter (diagram A).
- Unscrew the 4 screws around the module.
- You may find a flat head screwdriver (not provided in-pack) helpful to create a gap between the module edges and scooter base, to more easily remove the module. Replace it with the new one.
- Put back the 4 screws and make sure to tighten them carefully and securely.
Important notice for ULTIMUM LIGHTS
- A 3.7V lithium rechargeable battery included is not replaceable. - Micro USB cable is included with this product.
- Battery charger is not supplied with the scooter.
- Battery is only to be charged by adults.
- Battery chargers used with the scooter are to be regularly examined for damage to the cord, plug, enclosure and other parts, and in the event of such damage, they must not be used until the damage has been repaired.
- Scooter liable to be cleaned with liquids are to be disconnected from the charger before cleaning.
- WARNING: This product produces flashes that may trigger epilepsy in sensitised individuals.
- This product contains batteries that are non-replaceable.
For questions and inquiries please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The manufacturer warranties this product to be free of manufacturing defects for period of 2 years from date of purchase. This limited Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, tire, tube or cables, or any damage, failure or loss caused by improper assembly, maintenance, or storage. This Limited Warranty will be void if the product is ever
- used in a manner other than for recreation or transportation;
- modified in any way;
The manufacturer is not liable for incidental or consequential loss or damage due directly or indirectly to the use of this product.
Globber does not offer an extended warranty. If you have purchased an extended warranty, it must be honoured by the store at which it was purchased.
For your records, save your original sales receipt with this manual and write the product name below.
To order spare parts for this product, please visit our website www.globber.com