- Warning! Protective equipment should be worn. Not to be used in traffic.
- Please carefully read the instructions before assembly and use the toy.
- Be careful when unpacking and assembling the product. This toy must be assembled by a responsible adult.
- Remove all the parts which are not necessary for play before giving the toy to your child.
- Maximum weight 20kg
General instructions of use
- Prior to use, make sure that the toy has been assembled properly. Check the GO BIKE DUO before the child rides to determine if there are any potentially hazardous parts or conditions.
- Children should be supervised by adult while riding this GO BIKE DUO. Special care should be taken to instruct children in safe riding.
- Do not use on the public highways, examples of safe riding area: To be used on flat and no gravel areas (playground, Public Square)
- Do not use this toy near a staircase, on a slope, on a road or on a wet surface.
- More mobility child grows, the more potential hazards increase. At home, be sure to remove frames or mirrors hung too low and could break, and any object that could fall in the event of impact. Corner table can also be a danger.
- Do not allow more than one rider on the GO BIKE DUO at a time.
- Be sure the child wears clothes and appropriate footwear when using GO BIKE DUO.
- Be sure the rider keeps both hands on the handlebars for proper control.
- Do not allow the rider to wear anything that obstructs hearing and visibility or which impairs the functioning of GO BIKE DUO.
- The toy should be used with caution since skill is required to avoid falls or collisions causing injury to the user or third parties.
- Always wear safety equipment (helmet, elbow-pads, knee-pads).
Assembling the product
The balance bike is packed with the knobs already fixed on the product directly in the box, meaning you will first have to unscrew the knobs to insert the saddle tube and the footrest.
This product can have 2 different installation methods:
- low frame with footrest for a younger child.
- high frame with a higher saddle height for an older child.
To get a low frame positioning: (Diagram A)
- Get the frame with the curve facing downward (see diagram “A”)
- Insert the wheel fork into the frame’s stem. Next, add the white plastic gasket and the front reflector on to the wheel fork.
- Insert the handlebars’ stem into the fork’s stem, the minimum insertion depth for the handlebars is where “MIN” is marked on the stem when placing the handlebars into the fork’s stem. This is the highest height of the handlebars.
- After fixing the handlebars’ height, tighten the screw behind the front reflector with an Allen key.
* Careful: make sure to tighten the screw into the front reflector, to securely fix the handlebars.
- Insert the saddle stem into the saddle tube of the balance bike frame. The minimum insertion depth for the saddle is where "MIN" is marked on the stem when placing it into the frame’s saddle tube. This is the highest height of the saddle. Tighten with the knob to fix the seat height.
* Careful: make sure to tighten the knob in order to securely fix the saddle.
- Insert the footrest to the bottom of the saddle tube and tighten the knob. When the footrest is removed, insert the end cap, which is included in the spare parts bag, to cover the hole underneath. Once the end cap is inserted, tighten it with the knob to securely fix it to the balance bike.
If you want to swap to 1 rear wheel for advance balancing in a low frame positioning, you can do so by following step 10.
To get a high frame positioning: (Diagram B)
- Get the frame with the curve facing upward (see diagram “B”).
- Follow steps 2 to 5 above to assemble the balance bike in high frame position.
- Since the footrest is not recommended to be used in the high frame position for older kids, you can remove it and replace it with the end cap, which is included in the spare parts bag, to cover the hole underneath then, tighten it with the knob.
To transform the dual-rear wheel to a single rear wheel: (See page 5)
- Place the GO BIKE DUO upside down. Unscrew the wheels with 2 Allen keys, which are included in the spare part bag, then pull out the long screw to remove both rear wheels as well as the spacers.
- Keep 1 wheel to install it on the rear of the balance bike. Take the 2 longer spacers and the long screw to prepare the installation of the wheel.
- Insert the long screw and the first spacer in the hole. Align the holes inside the bearing to insert the long screw into the bearing on the rear wheel. Next, add the second spacer on the other side of the rear wheel.
* Careful: Make sure the spacers, the wheel and the bearing are aligned before inserting the long screw. To align the spacers, the wheel, and the bearing, use the Allen key, which is included in the spare parts bag, to help to align them before inserting the long screw inside the spacers of the rear wheel.
- Tighten the rear wheel with the 2 Allen keys, which are included in the spare parts bag. Make sure the screws are securely tightened before using the GO BIKE DUO.
Adjusting the GO BIKE DUO:
Adjust the height of the saddle so that your child can easily touch the ground with the complete soles of his or her feet with slightly angled knees. The handlebar should be at a height that allows the arms to be held roughly horizontally. Test whether your child feels comfortable in this position and check the adjustments regularly, and always respect the levels of insertion.
As soon as your child is able to pick up the GO BIKE DUO from the ground, it is capable of riding it too. There is no need for long explanations, just let the child try and watch what he or she does with it. Children are masters in learning, and you strengthen this capability by letting them try themselves. Normally, they find out rather quickly how the device can be moved and steered. Make sure your child sits on the seat not on the bike frame.
Push forward off the ground with left and right foot in alternation. The more smoothly the feet roll off from toes to heel, the easier and faster your child will go.
The easiest way to steer the GO BIKE DUO is with back and bum. As soon as your child has understood this knack, he or she will drive around with it as jauntily as with any other vehicle, too. With the subtle distinction that this GO BIKE DUO trains sense of balance, stimulates the physical and mental development, strengthens the back and makes your child like movements all in all more secure and sportive.
The GO BIKE DUO can be braked with the feet. The child can stop moving by stopping walking/running. Please take care that your child can always stop from the speed it produces and wears appropriate shoes.
Maintenance and security:
- Security checks: check periodically the GO BIKE DUO to identify any loose or dislocated element - particularly the wheels, seat and handlebars.
- Periodic cleaning will bring a good life. Wipe the GO BIKE DUO with a dry cloth if it has been soiled.
- Regularly check the condition of abrasion and avulsion.
- Regularly check that parts are not broken or damaged, if this happens, stop using this product.
- Regular checks can prevent an accident.
For questions and inquiries please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The manufacturer warranties this product to be free of manufacturing defects for period of 2 years from date of purchase. This limited Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, tire, tube or cables, or any damage, failure or loss caused by improper assembly, maintenance, or storage. This Limited Warranty will be void if the product is ever
- used in a manner other than for recreation or transportation;
- modified in any way;
The manufacturer is not liable for incidental or consequential loss or damage due directly or indirectly to the use of this product.
Globber does not offer an extended warranty. If you have purchased an extended warranty, it must be honoured by the store at which it was purchased.
For your records, save your original sales receipt with this manual and write the product name below.
To order spare parts for this product, please visit our website www.globber.com