Not suitable for children under 36 months, unstable base, fall hazard.
Protective equipment should be worn.
Not to be used in traffic.
50 kg max.
This toy is unsuitable for children under 6 years due to its maximum speed.
Remove the scooter and all the parts from the box.
Set out all the parts and read the assembly instructions prior to use.
Keep the packaging until assembly is complete.
- This toy must be assembled by a responsible adult. Prior to use, make sure that the toy has been assembled properly.
- Remove all the parts which are not necessary for playing before giving the toy to your child. The toy should be used with caution since skill is required to avoid falls or collisions causing injury to the user or third parties.
- To use with suitable protective equipment, including a helmet, shoes, elbow, wrist and knee protectors. Teach the child how to use it safely and responsibly.
- The scooter is not a toy for children under the age of 3 years.
- The toy shall only be used with charger for toys.
- The model charger no. JY15-160-060 is suitable for use with the toy.
- The charger is not a toy.
- Misuse of charger can cause electrical shock.
- Toy liable to be cleaned with liquids are to be disconnected from the charger before cleaning.
- Never use the product close to a water source. Stop using the product when damaged.
Warning! Using the toy in areas other than private grounds can be dangerous, using on public roads can lead to traffic accidents.
- The scooter can be dangerous and can cause traffic accidents when used on public highways. Don’t use on public roads. It is best used on a flat, clean surface, free of gravel and grease. Avoid bumps and drainage grates that may cause an accident.
- Always use under adult supervision.
- Do not allow more than one child to ride the scooter at the same time.
- Do not use on wet days, or on wet ground.
BEFORE AND AFTER USE:
- Make sure that all locking mechanisms are securely locked:
- Check the height of the steering system, and make sure the nuts are tightened and that the handlebars and the front wheel are perpendicular.
- The minimum height of the T-bar has to be locked at the lowest position by switching the bullet into the lowest slot.
- Check all of the connection elements: the brake, the steering column’s quick release system and the wheel axles must be adjusted correctly and not damaged.
- Also check the wheels’ wear.
- Insert the handle bars into the hole at the front of the deck between the two front wheels while paying attention to the direction of insertion.
- Ensure the spring loaded button pops out and locks the bar in place properly.
- E4 PLUS is provided with an adjustable T-bar which can be adapted to the child’s height (3 positions). The spring loaded button shall be in the hole when adjusting the T-bar height.
- Make sure that for the lowest position of T-bar, the button is locked into the lowest hole. Loosen the quick release clamp of the T-bar when adjusting. Tighten the quick release clamp to secure T-bar after adjustment.
MODE OF OPERATION AND USE
This scooter has a Kick Start function.
To start, push your scooter forward; you will here a «beep» sound; you are now in “ON” mode.
Your E4 PLUS will turn off automatically after 1 minute of inactivity; you will here a «beep» sound.
On the side, there is a switch button showing «1 / 2». This is for switching the speed between mode 1 (6km/h) & mode 2 (10 km/h).
- Mode 1: Switch the Mode Button to “1”, the scooter is set to the 1st speed mode, and the maximum speed at this mode is 6km/h.
- Mode 2: Switch the Mode Button to “2”, the scooter is set to the 2nd speed mode, and the maximum speed at this mode is 10km/h.
- Kick scooter mode: you can simply ride on it like a normal scooter, even when it runs out of battery.
You are in a position to start, to engage the motor, 3 actions are necessary:
- Place your foot directly on the deck.
- Push your scooter to reach a speed of 5km/h.
- Press the accelerator button on the top of the T-bar.
Be aware that once your motor is turned ON, reducing your speed below 5km/h does not automatically cut the motor, see paragraph STOP regarding the instructions for stopping the motor permanently.
To control the speed, you can simultaneously OR independently use the brake located at the rear of the scooter (mudguard) and/or use the accelerator / throttle button located on the right-side of the T-bar (press with your finger to accelerate; release the pressure to slow down).
- Once the electric motor is engaged, it will accelerate until reaching the cruising speed of 6 or 10 km/h, depending on which mode (1 or 2) you are using.
- You can control the speed with the electronic brake located at the rear: pressing this brake automatically stops the motor. This system generates both mechanical and electrical braking that reduce again the braking distance.
WARNING! Engaging the brake (mudguard) automatically shuts off the motor and only until you press the brake. If you release the brake, the motor automatically engages again.
To stop the scooter completely, press the brake continuously for 3 seconds and wait for the scooter to stop safely to get off the platform. At any time you can remove your finger from the throttle button to automatically shut down the motor for example in an emergency. The battery will automatically turn itself off when the motor is not engaged for more than 60 seconds.
Low battery level: When the buzzer keeps ringing, E4 PLUS is in need of charge. When the device is low on power (constant beeping), damage is likely to occur. This can impact the service life of the battery.
Before charging, please read the following instructions:
- This appliance can be used by children aged 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and under the hazards involved.
- Children shall not play the appliance.
- Cleaning and user maintenance should not be made by children without supervision.
- The charger is specific for lithium battery pack 14.4V and 2.6AH (Model No.: 4S1PSCOOTERM26).
- The battery charger has LED indicator: GREEN light indicates the battery is fully charged or disconnected; RED light indicates the battery is in charging.
- Batteries are only to be charged by adults or by children at least 8 years old.
- Batteries are to be inserted with the correct polarity.
- Exhausted batteries are to be removed from the toy.
- The supply terminals are not to be short-circuited.
- Do not recharge non-rechargeable batteries. It may cause explosion.
- Battery chargers used with the toy should be regularly examined for damage to the cord, plug, enclosure and other parts.
- In the event of such damage, they must not be used until the damage has been repaired.
- Only use the charger supplied with your electric scooter. Using a charger other than that supplied will invalidate the warranty.
- To optimise the performances and lifetime of your electric scooter battery, fully charge the battery before using it for the first time and fully charge it once a month.
- Do not cover the battery compartment or the charger. There must be good ventilation conditions at all times during charging.
- The charging environment must be clean. Ensure there are no traces of damp or water in the electric socket before plugging in.
- Ensure you use a standard socket.
- Do not switch on the scooter during charging.
Warning. Do not use the battery or the device in the following cases:
- The battery gives off a smell or the temperature inside the appliance is too high.
- Leaks on the deck of the scooter.
If in doubt please contact Globber, email@example.com
Your electric scooter is delivered with a specific charger.
- To charge your electric scooter, remove the waterproof cap from the port and plug in the charger. For safety reasons, ensure the charging port is always dry before starting to charge.
- Plug the charger into a suitable power source.
- When LED on the charger is red, the battery is charging.
- When it switches to green, charging is complete. This takes approximately 3 hours. Stop charging when the LED turns green; charging the battery for too long will reduce its lifetime.
The protective cover is used to protect the charging port from splashing water. Be sure to replace the cap after each charging and before each use.
The battery must only be removed and changed by an official Globber repair center. No attempt should be made to dismantle the product and repair it yourself. Any attempt to do so will invalidate the warranty.
In case of battery leakage, do not touch it.
Keep children away from the battery if it is leaking or displays any other problems.
Batteries contain dangerous substances. Do not attempt to open the battery or to insert any solid or liquid substance into the battery or into the body of the appliance.
Only Globber is authorised to repair the appliance
Using the battery is subject to authorisation by the local authorities.
TIPS FOR USE/CAUTION
Before and after using your appliance: check all the connections: the brake, the T-bar clamp and the wheel axles must be correctly adjusted and undamaged. Also check wheel wear. Check the height of the steering system and make sure that the nuts are tightened, handlebars and front wheel are perpendicular.
- If the scooter battery is low or discharged, the appliance can be used as a standard scooter (freewheel mode). Then stand on the scooter with your hands on each handlebar and push with one foot to make it move forward. Proceed with caution to start with.
- A mechanical foot brake is located at the rear of the scooter. When necessary, press it to slow down. Press gradually to avoid skidding or loss of stability. The metal or aluminium brake may be hot after repeated braking. Avoid touching it during and after use.
- The electric scooter is not designed for acrobatics. Do not attempt to jump or execute dangerous manoeuvres.
- Do not ride more than one person on the scooter.
- You are advised not to leave the electric scooter outside in wet conditions.
- Do not touch the hub motor located in the rear wheel when in use or immediately after riding.
- Check that the kickstand is fully folded before starting. When parking, check that the kickstand is properly unfolded; the unit must be parked on a flat ground to avoid any risk of falling. If the unit is not equipped with a kickstand, ground parking is recommended, making sure you do not interfere with the traffic.
- It is highly recommended to wear reflective clothing and accessories to enhance / increase its visibility.
- When the product is no longer used, it should be stored in a safe place or put under protection (lock system) to prevent unauthorized use of commands/ product.
- Vibration and shock: Using electric scooters can generate significant vibrations and shocks depending on the surface on which it is used. Do not use your scooter for too long, and immediately stop using if discomfort is caused by vibrations.
- To avoid pinching and entrapment, don’t get your fingers stick in moving parts.
- Warning! Any load attached to the handlebars will affect the stability of the vehicle.
- When you use your electric scooter, ensure your position is always correct and respect the Highway Code.
- Always speed up and slow down gradually.
- The scooter is a toy. It is a means of playing and not designed for extreme sports such as jumps, ramps, ollies, etc. Under no circumstances must the product be used in a skatepark for “aggressive” use (figures, etc.).
- Use with caution on clean, dry flat surfaces and if possible away from other users. Respect the road safety regulations.
- Check local laws concerning the use of scooters. Respect all the traffic rules and road signs. Keep away from pedestrians or users on the public highway.
- Preferably use on flat, clean surfaces free from gravel or grease. Avoid bumps and drain gratings likely to cause an accident.
- Always wear shoes and we strongly advise you to wear trousers and long- sleeved shirts to avoid injury if you fall.
- Warning! Wear personal protection equipment including: wrist guards, gloves,
- knee and elbow protectors and a helmet.
- Do not use in the darkness.
- Warning As with any mechanical component, your product is subject to high stresses and wear. The various materials and components may react differently to wear or fatigue. If the expected service life for a component has exceeded, it may break suddenly, therefore risking causing injuries to the user. Cracks, scratches and discoloration in the areas subject to high stresses indicate that the component has exceeded its service life and should be replaced.
- Caution: the rear wheel has a motorised part which can only be dismantled or changed by a qualified technician.
- Do not change any motorised parts yourself or the warranty will be invalidated. Contact your dealer for a qualified technician or contact Globber, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The lithium battery: To guarantee the battery lifetime, charge it when its level is low. If it is not used for a long period of time, you are advised to charge it once a month. If you wish to check the battery or change it, contact a qualified technician or a Globber representative. The recommended storage temperature for the battery is between 5°C and 30°C. Do not use or place the electric scooter in an environment where the temperature exceeds 40°C to avoid any lithium battery malfunction which may lead to it catching fire. Never store the electric scooter in a car during hot weather to avoid any danger of this.
- Bearings: avoid riding through water, oil or sand which would damage your bearings. To maintain your bearings, check regularly that the front wheel turns properly by turning the electric scooter upside down and pushing the wheel with your fingers. If the front wheel does not turn, remove it and check the condition of the bearings. First unscrew the wheel axle. Remove the axle and remove the wheel. Carefully push the two bearings out of their seating. If they are chipped or crushed, buy new ones. If there is no visible damage, oil them. To do so, remove any traces of grease, mud or dust from the bearing using a paper towel or a cloth then grease them either with a self-lubricating spray or by soaking them in oil overnight (turn the bearings several times in the oil before leaving them to soak). Refit the bearings and axle, then the front wheel.
- The wheels: the wheels wear out after a certain length of time or may even develop holes if the scooter is used on rough surfaces too much. This is particularly true of the rear wheel on which the brake is applied. Check them regularly and have them changed for better safety.
- Product modifications: the original product must by no means be modified except for the maintenance-related changes mentioned in these instructions.
- Nuts, axles and other self-locking fasteners: these should also be checked regularly. They can become loose after a while in which case they should be tightened. They can become worn and not tighten properly, in which case they should be replaced.
DISPOSAL OF END-OF-LIFE APPLIANCE
- The appliance must be disconnected from the main supply when removing the battery.
- The battery must be removed from the appliance before the appliance is discarded.
- The battery must be disposed of safely by taking it to the most suitable collection point.
For questions and inquiries please contact us at: email@example.com
The manufacturer warranties this product to be free of manufacturing defects for period of 2 years from date of purchase. This limited Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, tire, tube or cables, or any damage, failure or loss caused by improper assembly, maintenance, or storage. This Limited Warranty will be void if the product is ever
- used in a manner other than for recreation or transportation;
- modified in any way;
The manufacturer is not liable for incidental or consequential loss or damage due directly or indirectly to the use of this product.
Globber does not offer an extended warranty. If you have purchased an extended warranty, it must be honoured by the store at which it was purchased.
For your records, save your original sales receipt with this manual and write the product name below.
To order spare parts for this product, please visit our website www.globber.com